Skip to main content

New Pinafore Dress

I've offered reversible cotton pinafores for ever and always meant to do a jersey version but there are just so many patterns out there that I never got round to it until now!

The pattern has been lurking for a while but I couldn't decide which fabric to launch it with, then this fabric arrived yesterday and I knew it had to be the one.
 This pattern is only lined at the top of the bodice, I steered away from doing a reversible version because of the bulk on the seams and this will be cooler on warmer summer days



Each shoulder fastens with a snap.



The top of the bodice is top stitched for a clean line and it holds the lining in place.


This adorable toadstool fairy house fabric reminds me of the Gnomeville cotton that was so popular a few years ago. The toadstools are the houses and little fairies flutter outside.


Available in sizes 2 to 6 years. Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing Wallet Giveaway

The first post and first giveaway on the new blog! As you can no longer do simple giveaways via facebook it has forced my hand and I have set up a blog for the business, something I have been meaning to do for a while so a positive thing and a job crossed off my ever growing to-do list....but now the list has 'edit new blog' tacked onto the bottom of it. This is a prototype of my new drawing wallet, I was testing how the pattern sizes worked in real life and thought it would be nice to give it away. There are 8 slots for crayons, chunky or 2 standard crayola types fit. There is also a little pocket for paper. I will include some paper and they are hole punched in the corner and tied with a piece of ribbon so they stay together or can be ripped off easily. These are perfect as gifts or keep one in your bag for those potentially stressful  moments in waiting rooms or cafes/restaurants/pubs when children need something to do, draw or play a game of hangman! If you&

Top Alternative Christmas Books for Younger Children

I've been thinking about the sometimes overwhelming gift giving season coming up and wanted to do a blog post about some alternatives to the mountains of plastic that line the shelves and catalogues. I'm a huge fan of books as gifts and some of the most beautiful stories are set in the winter season, these are perfect books as stocking fillers or just to have by the nature table to tie in with the seasons change. 1. Tomten and the Fox   - Astrid Lindgren 2. The Story of the Snow Children - Sibylle von Olfers 3. The Tomtes Christmas Porridge - Sven Nordqvist 4. Winter Story (Brambly Hedge) - Jill Barklem 5. The Tale of Jack Frost - David Melling  6. The Longest Night - Ted Lewin 7. The Yule Tomte and the Little Rabbits : A Christmas Story for Advent - Ulf Stark 8. The Winter Solstice - Ellen Jackson  Not a story book as such just a few tales about the Solstice from around the world and some information explaining how it happens. 9.

Instagram 2016

There's a clever website where you input your instagram name and it will show you your most popular instagram posts. My instagram at lizdsd is a mix of personal and work pictures as is shown in my #2016bestnine